Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Journey Begins....well, not really

This is my first blog entry....does anybody really want to read the first entry? Am I supposed to introduce myself? My blog journey officially begins. But this is not the beginning of my journey. I guess that began at birth....skip ahead many, many years. I have done a year of training with YWAM (Youth With A Mission) and have waited here at home for a year (well maybe God was waiting on me more than me waiting on Him)....I have a patience issue. My daughter and I are now preparing to move to Ethiopia. Most who read this blog already know us...but I hope new friends will be made along the way. I have established this blog to keep an account of God's glory. Not to say "Look at me".....but to say "Look at Jesus" (you'll find him in the poverty...you'll recognize him in the eyes of the orphan). We are on a journey to the least of these....therefore we are on a journey to be with Jesus....yes, yes, I know He is everywhere...I know I can find him in a song, a breeze, a child, my heart, the Word, laughter.....but I want to find Him MORE. I was put on this earth to follow Him....to be like Him.....to be Him to others...to know Him and make Him known. He has called each of us to follow Him....and the best way to do that is to follow in His footsteps. No doubt, Jesus would walk in Ethiopia (He is there)....He says "will you"....I say "yes". I know there are many adjustments ahead...and even more hard work. I know that He will teach me things that I can't even imagine right now. I know His ways are better and His plans are bigger.....so I go....and I trust. This isn't about me (or my daughter)....my life is not my own (nor is hers). I am on my knees and I ask that you join me. That He will always get the glory...not me. That He will give me His eyes, His hands, His ears and His heart. That I will remain empty, so that the Spirit can pour through me

We've had our shots.
We've got plane ticket $.
We need visas.
We need tickets.
We need a departure date.
and many other details.

So glad I serve the King of all Kings,
Kelly

3 comments:

Laura said...

GIRL....You never told me you had a blog!!!!

I'm so excited!!! Now that I've caught up on my reading, I can just read your current post:)

You have know idea what a blessing it was to read your post! Praying for you and Miss Kenli!

CookingLIVE said...

I am so glad I found your blog! I loved getting to know you & Kenli so much last summer. I am so excited to see what is happening now...I will bookmark your blog & keep you in my prayers.

Your 1st entry made me CRY!!!

xoxo,

Amanda Varnell

Haley said...

Kelly, just read through every post on here...amazing to catch up on your adventure of following God to Ethiopia. We are adopting through YWAM, done w/ the homestudy and hoping to be referral ready sometime this spring. From the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU for being where you are, doing what you do, and living out God's call on your life. Just as we pray for our child without knowing him or her, we pray for you too. May God be gracious to you and bless you, may he make his face to shine upon you!